Friday, March 13, 2009

Lincoln Brewster's Today is the Day

When I first listened to Lincoln Brewster (four years back), I thought he just made very listenable covers of already famous worship songs with a few of his own (like Psalm 91, Take me Higher..) as well... Till I bumped into "Today is the Day". I just wanted to find out what Lincoln Brewster was upto, and found a gem of an Album.

First up is da title track very jumpy that goes well with the very positive message from the Bible. So good dat its daily Bread for one of my friends (Kiran)... we eventually tried it in Church but then I'm no Lincoln brewester you see... the Other Songs worth mentionin in this Album are "God you reign", "Power of your name" - very very very Good... One of my friends (Amar) thinks this Song reminds him of Eric Johnson, a super Cover of "Salvation is Here" (I just cant njoy listenin to Hillsong you see, though they do brilliant songs) which has all da signature licks and Tones of Lincoln Brewster's guitar, and a boogeyish "Let your Glory Shine" that reminds me of ummm...ok da Intro is like Erruption?...and the boogey sounds like White Cross?... but the rest of the Song is Brewsterish...
In all this Music the reason for this music, Jesus, is in the Forefront ALWAYS... Specially "The Power of your Name" which is a song for Commitment towards living the Gospel. This Song also features Darlene . Most songs minister directly to you and so its not just some good music with "Christian" Lyrics. Overall this is an encouragement Album. Today is the day is very very Encouraging reminding us to trust in the promises of God, and Not worry about tomorrow but instead rejoice in today because "our" God has made it... Pick this Album up as soon as Possible... !!!!
Btw i now remember why I revisited Lincoln Brewster. I had bought the Pod X3 Live, and i was googling for Patches and Tones when all over i kept hearing of Lincoln Brewster and his Tone that he got out from a POD X3 Live. Guess what?? His Patches are available for download on his site... :) :) Also on youtube there's a video of Brewster teaching how to play the Lead on "Today is the day"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B300gQkgDS0 (not the guitar lesson)

No comments:

Post a Comment